Monday, April 14, 2008

Hell is (grading) other people

I've been buried under a pile of papers to grade and will be for quite some time. It's not pleasant. Every once in a while I'll come across a gem like this that makes it all worthwhile:
It would seem that if one were to remove, say, all of the years between the day that George Washington defeated Robert E. Lee at the Alamo and the evening I write this paper, there would be less time in the universe.

This kid gets it! Alas. The kids who ask if Lee Harvey Oswald's twin brother Larry really shot a passing bird having taken aim at President Kennedy will just never make it as philosophers. Or historians.

3 comments:

Kryslanjae. said...

reading your stuff makes me feel so very...dumb? ha okay, and deal. you are assigned to read the first half of the book...then report back to me with the key points!!!
SOUND GOOD? K THANKS MR. LITTLEJOHN PAL!

Clayton said...

Trying to come up with the stuff to write often makes me feel the same way.

Thanks for the homework assignment, I'll let you know when I've made some progress,
C

Udoka said...

I bet professors love clever papers like that. I'm really envious of those kids who can make an A on essays. And people tell me "Maybe you should just stick to computer science. No essays ever there." I'll try one more semester and I should at least have a minor in philosophy.