Saturday, May 10, 2008

Odds and ends

The semester is over and done with. Not a moment too soon. The grading is finished, but I'll have about a day's worth of paperwork to wrap up before summer proper begins. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to the new Grampall Jookabox album. I'm pretty sure those guys are mentally ill, but mental illness is musical gold. Good review here. A live clip below. (fyi. I think a lot is lost from the album in the live performance.)

I checked some of the sites where students leave anonymous reviews and found this gem:
Drawbacks
He is unfair and looks for cheaters. If you plan on doing the work be careful even if you did it, he will look at it with a close eye. He failed 13 students in the spring semester of 08 from one class!

The nerve. It's not entirely accurate, but I'm not going to complain if a bit of urban legend scares off the cheaters.

Here's Grampall Jookabox's "Take Me from Diamondhead"

No comments: