Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's nice that Powell endorsed Obama, but ...

... I don't think this is appropriate:
Powell's endorsement has been much anticipated because he is a Republican with impressive foreign policy credentials, a subject on which Obama is weak. At the same time, he is a black man and Obama would be the nation's first black president.

I have no idea what place that second line has in the article, and I don't know why Stephen Ohlemacher decided that it was his place to say that a candidate is weak in his foreign policy credentials in a news piece for the AP.

Update


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C,
I agree about the second line. If you caught the round table on This Week, they were suggesting the same thing of voters all over the nation, though fortunately not when they spoke of Gen. Powell’s endorsement. Did you happen to catch it? I almost never watch it because I’m usually getting ready for work. Gingrich was so annoying with his “REPO” comments.
I am glad though that General Powell endorsed Sen. Obama. I think it will put a lot of Republicans at ease with an Obama presidency.