Thursday, April 8, 2010

The folk say the darndest things



"That is a made up fact"

So says Megan Fox. Are statements of fact factive? Cripes, I hope so.

Google "made up fact" and you get 1,920,000 hits. (Probably more now, thanks to this post.)

In other news, I found out earlier this evening that I won Alexander Pruss' contest with an argument for denying that persons are/can be properties (here). Instead of doing actual work, I've been finding ways to spend my prize money at Amazon. I'll put it towards Judith Thomson's latest (she also thinks you shouldn't believe falsehoods!) and Ruth Chang's collection on incommensurability.

The contest was a great idea, I hope to someday run something similar. Thanks to Alexander for running the contest, for picking my entry, and for my generous prize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"In other news, I found out earlier this evening that I won Alexander Pruss' contest with an argument for denying that persons are/can be properties (here)."

Congrats! You are a cool dude.