Friday, June 18, 2010

Good news!

Just received word from Erkenntnis that a piece I wrote on evidence has been accepted for publication. In it, I defend the view discussed over at TAR some months ago that evidence consists of true propositions and your evidence will be the true propositions you are non-inferentially justified in believing are true. [The-off-the-record view is that your evidence really consists of the propositions that you are non-inferentially justified in believing are true. Because there are no false, non-inferentially justified beliefs, the truth requirement in the official version is redundant. (I don't know why, but that view seems harder to get by the referees. (Okay, I know why. I've read the reports.))]

2 comments:

Andrew Cullison said...

Congrats!!

Andrew Bailey said...

Congratulations! May your ever-lengthening CV contribute to good epistemology and to your being tenured =)