Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bleg: Non-propositional evidence

I'm looking for discussions of non-propositional conceptions of evidence. In particular, I'm looking for articles or books where someone argues for a non-propositional conception of evidence.

Here's what I have already:
1. A sufficient stock of authors arguing for a propositional conception of evidence.
2. A sufficient stock of authors who speak of evidence as non-propositional without offering arguments.
3. Material from Moser, Davidson, and Pollock in which they offer reasons for thinking of evidence in terms of something other than facts or propositions. I've also collected more material responding to these arguments than I need.

If there's something you've seen that's worth taking a look at, please let me know. I'm working on a writing project where it would be good to have a discussion of propositional vs. non-propositional conceptions of evidence.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! The clarity with which you write about philosophy is enviable.

Who are your five favorite philosophers and why?

What do you think of experimental philosophy and continental philosophers like sartre, nietzsche, and kierkegaard?

Thanks!

Tamar