Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Two items to note

I've just posted two new things to the sidebar. The first is a piece I wrote in defense of 'ought' implies 'can'. It should be available from Philosophia shortly. In the meantime, it's here. It is a response to this piece by Peter Graham (or here). Graham argues that OIC conflicts with some intuitions we have about justified intervention. I argue that there is no conflict.

The second is a piece I wrote on disagreement (here). I respond to critics of conciliatory views. I'm sure that what I've written has the potential to annoy lots of people. (Apologies in advance if you're one of those people!)

I'll be off to Paris, Sacramento, and Dallas in the weeks to come. Looking forward to the workshop on justification in France. Not looking forward to dental work in Sacramento.