Thursday, June 21, 2012

Will work for books

Found two new books waiting for me in the office this morning. Two perks of the job: free* books and the time to read them. (Free* books include review copies, free copies sent by friends, and copies I've received as payment for services rendered.) The first, The Philosophy of J.L. Austin, contains a handful of really interesting epistemology pieces. The second, Explaining Explanation (2nd Edition), is a real gem. David Ruben (a.k.a., Baby Ruben)has just published a second edition of EE with Paradigm Publishers. In my early days as a graduate student, I remember looking in vain for a good introduction to explanation. Ruben's book was the book I sought. Too bad I didn't know it at the time. Highly recommended. You can soon purchase copies here or here. (Not available until August, unfortunately.)

No comments: